Thursday, 17 September 2009

Rule #3 - Always eat something before attempting to climb steep hills

Somehow alot of my fieldwork stories are really embarrassing and make me look like a total tube. The most epic one will come later but for now another Aviemore story, which actually took place about 10 minutes after we crossed the bridge.

We were all walking up this (shockingly) big ole' steep hill at like 9 in the morning, all half asleep and really not feeling the enthusiasm the lecturer probably would have liked.

So I get half way up and I suddenly get really dizzy, but not wanting to come across as a total wuss keep walking anyway till the surrounding scenery is spinning so much I had to stop and sit in the heather for a bit. I eventually caught up with everyone else but they had already been a the top of the hill recovering for about 10 minutes and watched and laughed and mocked as I dragged myself to the top and collapsed in the heather again. Mortified is not the word.


It was wierd. I think it must have been a combination of altitude (although we werent THAT high up), early morning, lack of sleep and lack of breakfast.

Once I had recovered I realised the view was quite pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment